About Daftar Ahwal Data Research Center
- Daftar Ahwal is an independent research center for archiving, documentation, statistics and studies that acts as a fact-tank of open databases in fields of social sciences around political events and societal issues in Egypt.
- We have no relation with any advocacy actions, political, ideological, religious or personal opinions or affiliations.
- It started as an independent initiative on Jul 12, 2015 then was registered according to the Egyptian Law, under supervision of The General Authority For Investment in May 2016.
A society with more peace, justice, humanitarian and participatory values, where accountability, transparency and right-to-know are applied for every citizen.
Creating an alternative open knowledge in a professional, unbiased, accurate and objective way as possible, raising societal awareness around political and social issues, extending “collective memory” bridges between the past and present time inside Egyptian consciousness, strengthening means of institutional and societal communication and participation, supporting freedom of information and transparency and pushing forward course of transitional justice.
- The public.
- Decision Makers and Officials.
- Researchers, Academics and research centers.
- NGOs, rights groups, advocacy initiatives and activists in the public sphere.
- Political parties, movements and those who are interested in political and social issues in Egypt.
- Archivists and those who are interested in archiving, statistics, Big Data and digital means of expression.
- Journalism and media outlets (Print, Broadcast or Digital).
Our Long-Term Objectives
- Enriching the digital informative content and creating an alternative open knowledge for the public (academia, Human Rights, journalism, development, culture, art, religious and political activism) so that they can make use of it in their different activities and contexts.
- Supporting societal participation and carrying voices of marginalized classes, through putting all individuals and groups on one map with the same scale and open door in front of all people to record, publish and save their memories and personal participations in the context of the public sphere inside a collective archive.
- Extending “collective memory” bridges between the past and present time inside Egyptian consciousness, by rebuilding new narratives about old and ongoing incidents “History from below” in a social context.
- Promoting archival culture, quantitative analysis, open data and ways of building coherent and accurate databases.
- Informing the public and circles of decision makers with information for understanding the whole reality and encountering challenges.
- Creating new cadres of youth with awareness and faith in change inside society, which are capable of performing different tasks and enhancing their skills and experience inside a harmonic teamwork.
- Acquiring experience of securing databases and archives with saving privacy and causing no harm.
- Developing our current old tools used in archiving, analyzing big data and managing documents and visuals.
- We are aiming at building a visual social history of Modern Egypt over the last decades, using huge people database through a collective alternative archive in the political and societal space.
- Open databases for the public, using an accurate and coherent informative and statistical structure with transparent standards, where each information is referred with sources, around political and social issues and their effect on citizens during a certain time.
- Periodic publications in form of comprehensive reports and statistical analysis with methodology and information gathering mechanism.
- Fixed and animated visuals which are creative, simple and easy for the user to preview and understand.
- Open archive for collective memory including documents, information, testimonies, written, audible and visual materials and other types of “Grey Literature”, related to political and social issues.
- Building a collective narratives with no personal opinion depending on databases, archives, fact information and statistics.
- Workshops about Data Management, Information Evaluation, Archiving, Statistics and Building a Well-Structured Informative System.
- Services of archiving, counting, digitalizing and managing data and documents for institutions, NGOs, working groups and individuals active in society.