Our Methodology and Information Sources
- “Daftar Ahwal” is not considered as a primary source of information. It is a research, archiving and statistical center for building and saving open databases and archives from all sources with references.
- International standards will be taken in consideration while building the databases, info-structures and quantitative analysis.
- Time and place domains will be determined for each report.
- Among political research, reports can be fed up with several legal details and criminal procedures about arrests, sessions, verdicts or legal status which support the report topic. All these information sources are an internal huge database including tons of thousands of links. It cannot be published due to its complexity and immensity. Everyone can ask for clarification or understanding of any detail or piece of information via our official platforms and we will respond with clear answers.
Two ways for building databases:
- Drawing internal trends and patterns for detailed elements of incidents. Sometimes it does not represent the full picture or figures in the reality with the same methodology and mechanism.
- Drawing a general context or an overall count as an indicator for incidents instead of building their detailed and internal elements which maybe will be a followed accumulative purpose due to huge details or difficulties in getting accurate information about each incident.
- Information sources used in databases are secondary, not primary ones.
- We are committed to transparency, accuracy and determination of methodology and sources for each information in details.
- Metadata is as precise as possible according to available information, but has not necessarily perfect accuracy. There are a definite hypothesis and deduction in a certain extent according to standards, methodology and big data analysis. All that can be explained in details upon request.
Two Courses for using sources:
- First: Main sources for enrolling an incident: They are used to consider or enroll at least one incident in a definite place and time. They can differ from one report to another, but often they are relied on official sources (Judiciary, MOI, Government) in form of either periodic bulletins, official statements, declarations, documents or evidences. Sometimes they are relied on NGOs or media sources in certain contexts for specific reports which are clarified for each one.
- Second: Complementary sources for building internal and informative structure with details: They are used to build internal and informative structure of incidents after their enrollment in the first step. They can be any type of sources such as official, rights or media sources, testimonies or visual materials after evaluating the raw informative content of source and matching the main elements of an incident.